Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Adventures in Shopping (and Hotel-Staying): The Finale

I'm just going to cut to the chase and leave the monologue when I talk to ya'll directly till after the adventure.

Okay, so you know how I've been advertising the places I've gone too? Well, know I'm going to quit reviewing and tell you of my personal experiences when I was at the hotel and when I went shopping.

Chapter 1: Strange Times in the Hotel

You know how sometimes a stay in a giant hotel can be spooky? Like being on the thirteenth floor and scared that a ghost will get you in room 1313? Or if you're in bed and you hear strange noises that make you convince yourself that it's just the A/C? Well, we experienced something much worse; more terrible than even that!!!!

So we got back from a restaurant one night, and needed to get to our room. We got there and noticed that there was a strange, loud, obnoxious buzzing sound outside. We dismissed that and hit the elevator button. It can take a while for an elevator to get from floor 15 to 2, right? So we waited. And waited............ And waited. And guess what? We WAITED! Finally, we couldn't take anymore of the wait and decided to get physical. (While you read this next part, imagine the song Eye Of The Tiger playing). So we marched out and walked to the stairwell. We blamed the elevator on "stupid, rambunctious teenagers" and walked up a flight of a stairs, and then another, and then another, until we finally got to floor 10. We were aching and could not stand it. What makes it worse was that a select few wore flip flops! (Song Ends) So we walked to our room soon after and turned on the light. But the light did not come on. (Think The Twilight Zone theme now). We walked around to find out which lights worked and which did not. We found out that the middle of the room had working power, but the ends did not. However, the sink worked in the kitchen. The TV worked in the middle of the room, too. We called the lobby to find out what on earth was wrong! Apparently, since so many hotel guests must keep the power on all day and all night, there was a power outage. It stayed like that till morning.

Chapter 2: What's in My Pants?

Have you ever had a time when you left something in your pants that was important or expensive and put them in the wash? I have with a game but my manual saved it. There was one instance like that this summer, but it didn't happen to me....

Well, you always need something to keep you busy when your mom shops for clothes, right? Well, you bring your valuables like your Nintendo Dual Screen or an iPod or a library book to keep you busy when you're bored at the hotel or when your waiting for someone to stop trying on clothes. Ben thought that way and brought the iPod we had. It was a Shuffle so it was considerably smaller, but not as small as the stick they are today. Ben got bored and kept the iPod in his pocket after getting tired of patriotic songs. We shopped and shopped and shopped and went to our hotel room. We put our clothes in the dirty clothes pile and entertained ourselves. We washed the clothes as well. Mom asked sometime later, "Hey Ben, where's the iPod?" in her stern voice. "Uh-oh."

The iPod took a little bath. On the bright side, it did not break. (For a similar story, look at A Miracle, Well sorta. Just Read and You'll find out.)

Chapter 3: The Lit. Bit

How could someone not talk about their purchases? It's times like these when you say "Thank goodness for coupons!"

So when we first arrived at the hotel, the mgmt. laid out a convenient stack of coupons. One of them was a book store so those who know me know that I was psyched! We visited the Book Warehouse across the street and I got a Dracula (which I happened to be reading during this time) fan fiction novel and Mom got my purchase's sequel. I was not overall pleased with the Warehouse, and I am content with my local Barnes and Noble.

Also, after Mom finally talked us into plaid shorts, I got some and a dark blue Tommy Hilfiger polo (which is my most favorite combination of clothes. In case this is on your final exam, know that Adam J's favorite fashion retailer is Tommy Hilfiger). And of course we visited the outlet shops. I'm not a huge fan when it comes to outlet shopping, but luckily I was in an earnest search for sunglasses, which I later found at Seaworld!

Epilogue

So that was vacation in four blog posts. I don't know how you can't comment after you've been desiring Recollection: A Series That Recalls Summer 2010 With An Overly Sappy Name as I've found out from your comments. Speaking of which, bloggers love their comments from their readers, so comment! comment! comment! And now, I am finished with the series of Summer 2010.

What to expect in the coming posts: Specials, Stories, and Random Other Things.

Next Up: A Special

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can you publish this post without a picture of the plaid shorts? Your loyal readers demand it!

A blog (formerly) dedicated to film: reviews, news, and everything in between.