Friday, November 19, 2010

100th BLOG POST

If you haven't put the clues together yet (looking on the sidebar, the announcement of a special), this is my 100th BLOG POST! And to commemorate it, I have decided to write a history of the first 99 posts.

The reason I wrote this blog is because I liked reading my cousin's and my uncle's (David's is defunct, basically, and Uncle Scott's is a website now), so Uncle Scott introduced me to Blogger. To say the least, making this blog has been a blast.


2007

Now when I created this blog in 2007, I was young and wasn't the best at writing and executing ideas. However, I manged to dedicate this blog to my inspirations. Then I published my first announcements page after the dedication. Of course, I wasn't internet savvy at the time and I published a few no-nos (such as where [it] was happening, when it was, etc...) that I later corrected. Then I decided to keep you all caught up with my theater life with the Secret Garden arc that lasted for three posts. I also caught you up with the latest news and my less privacy invasion-able personal life. I caught you up with the Summer Explosion of the year in a two-post arc, and I revealed to you randomness with Friend Day. I also revealed my vacation of the year in a five-post arc. I also gave you announcements and let you help me decide on a movie viewing (I don't know what's up with you all and not voting; it's not deciding anything political!). I made a worthless shout-out and let you know about my roller coaster attraction. I also put some random posts and celebrated the holidays. I let loose my imagination, and made a more formal shout-out with "Eragon." I talked about ice cream and I advertised my family's blogs. And right after that, the infamous Kingdom Hearts: The Post series was released. (Due to unfamiliarity among my readers the Kingdom Hearts: The Post series has been canceled, btw). I revealed to you a flash game from another website and I released my first quiz (which should have been deleted). I continued the defunct KH:Post series, and broadened my horizons of the w.w.w. by embedding a song on this blog (which is no longer working). In August, I let you know more of my time on the w.w.w. and my personal life, while educating you on this blog, and informally completing the KH: Post series/ trilogy. I told you about my first baseball game and I hit my first hiatus. It wasn't too long and I came back to celebrate Thanksgiving. And then in that same month, I hit a 6-post-in-one-day record (which nobody commented on.....). To end the year, I gave you a history on the "BLOG Report," gave some movie tips, and discussed the Christmas holiday.

Total Posts: 48


2008



I celebrated New Year's and I shared my meeting with Mitt Romney. In March, I started the infamous READER'S CHOICE AWARDS! . Now I personally thought that I clearly stated how to put in a comment! Must I add a picture? X( . I showed the winner and the winner's prize, and I showed you my imagination in "My Turn' which did NOT go as planned. I added some delayed news, talked about pets, and showed my favorite feature of this blog: The Blog Theater, which began with the Phantom of the Keys. I gave you some insight on the Phantom origins and discussed my confusion over the Super Smash Bros. ratings. I celebrated July 4th once again. I talked about my first burger and told you about a miracle... well sort of; you need to read it and find out. I talked about the impeding hurricane with a twist, and about my ride on the Incredible Hulk Coaster and my financial advice (:( ?). I competed '08 with a tale about my cat and another cat. Also during 2008, I recieved strange comments by some commmercial companies, including "runescape power levelling", "runescape money,"jordan shoes," and others. You can look at their superficial comments on your on time.


Total Posts: 19


2009


I celebrated New Year's to open up the year and revealed the unrelated Phantom sequel Christmas or Xmas? I discussed my excitement over the new KH game of the year, advertised el inglesio Espanol en mi escuela, told you about Summer Explosion 2008, and gave you a link to an awesome video. I gave you more KH news and talked about my dad's shaving. In the next three months I talked about UrineTown and senorwooly.com. I published my first videos and talked about Busch Gardens. To close '09, I showed you Tim Hawkins.


Total Posts: 16


2010


I began blogging (after a long hiatus) in March with "My First Sermon." I threw out an April Fool's Joke and a tale of spam(?). I talked about my fad about Phantom of the Opera and told gave you a link to my friend's mission trip video. I talked about Pirates of the Caribbean 4, gave you a link to a news article, showed you an awesome video, and announced Recollection: A Series That Recalls Summer 2010 with a Sappy Name. I stalled a little and did "Teamwork," "Election Day," and "You Decide" (on which most of you did not comment on!!!). Then finally, I published the Recollection series.

Total Posts: 16

And now you can celebrate this post with everyone else. You can celebrate by commenting and giving me your feedback on this post or the blog in general.

This has been an amazing time as long as I have had
this blog, and this is the end of the first part of the blog you could say; a milestone. So tell your friends about this blog and get ready for more posts. In fact, I've got something special planned that's going to replace another post.... So get ready, and adieu!

~Adam J

P.S. I'll try to fix these italics soon. This posting system is very glitchy sometimes, and the italics are being that way. So I'll get on it ASAP!!!

2 comments:

Scott Johnson said...

Hey Adam - I think you have done a great job with your blog. I enjoy reading the posts and I really like your creativity and imagination with your writing.

I've been blogging for a long time, and I can tell you this - every blogger wants lots of comments, but only a small percentage of readers actually do comment on a blog post. That doesn't mean it wasn't read by lots of people, just that they didn't comment. Unfortunately that is just the way it is.

Keep up the great work!

Adam Johnson said...

Thanks a lot. I'll stop begging. (Great, now I feel sheepish). I really have a lot in store for the second generation as I like to call it. BTW I'm not going to make a new page for the next hundred posts.

Anyway, thanks Uncle Scott.

A blog (formerly) dedicated to film: reviews, news, and everything in between.