Saturday, August 10, 2013

Trailer Park 5: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Review

Trailer Park will not be following its usual pattern this weekend. To see how the segment usually works, and to visit a directory of the previous four installments, click here.

That is one heck of a poster.
It's been a very long week for sure, so since my energy is drained, I'll only be reviewing one trailer this weekend, one that's been having fans go crazy since it's been released, and that's the trailer for Thor: The Dark World. The trailer has our son of Odin, Thor, teaming up with his evil brother Loki in order to stop the coming purge of darkness that was left behind in the creation of the universe.



I never did see the original movie Thor, but I've heard mostly great things about it. I did, however, see last year's The Avengers, and this looks like a direct tie-in to that film. Iron Man 3, while getting mostly positive reviews, failed to meet audience expectations of tying-in to The Avengers, especially since Tony Stark's world was essentially crushed by The Mandarin. Loki (Tom Hiddleston) made a great villain in The Avengers, and he looks equally great, if not greater, than he was before. He gives that vibe of disinterest, yet still wanting to participate in the fun of what may come. I have a feeling that he and Hemsworth and Natalie Portman are going to have very nice chemistry, especially after all the conflict involving Loki in the past two films.

It looks like the stakes are higher for everyone, even Asgard-- the world of the gods--and it's going to be a great, action-packed ride. The villains look menacing, although bearing much resemblance to The Lord of the Rings movie creatures, and I feel that I will be excited when I enter the theater in November (so many good movies coming at the end of the year....how will I ever see them all?). One thing I want to really point out is the writing as it looks. Although some lines may not pull off quite as well in the final product ("This is for New York."), I do like how they're going to incorporate humor into it as well, taking a page from the Joss Whedon collection (Whedon was the writer/director of The Avengers). The end of the trailer reminds me of a sequence in The Avengers in which the Hulk comically punches Thor several yards after a tag-team battle. And I guess that's why I'm most excited for this movie: it's connections to Joss Whedon's The Avengers.

My writing's not up to par today as I would like it to be, but I will say that this trailer is. Without a doubt, Thor: The Dark World's official trailer is STURDY; in other words, it is an top-grade trailer. So until it's released, I need to educate myself in the way of the Marvel.

What's your reaction to this trailer? Are you excited for it? Which Marvel movie is your favorite? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

No comments:

A blog (formerly) dedicated to film: reviews, news, and everything in between.