Friday, December 17, 2010

Review

Tangled may be a first in a lot of things, but it also brings back old elements of Disney classics, etc.

Tangled is a Disney twist on Rapunzel. It is probably the first CGI musical I've ever seen, so it was interesting and quite fun.

Highlights:
  • Is that Zachary Levi singing romantically?
  • Great voice-overs.
  • Great twist on Rapunzel.
  • Instead of using magical, unexplained things (i.e. Snow White) to bring a happy ending, Disney uses logical reasoning with their mythology to make a rather satisfying ending.
  • Donna Murphy does a superb job of being evil, and belts out her musical numbers to add a sensation in my heart for climatic songs. In a word: Awesome.
  • Fun for all ages.

Cons:
  • One musical number I thought could be rearranged, in my personal opinion. However, Disney makes a great comeback with "Mother Knows Best" and "I've Got a Dream."
  • Yeah, that's about it.
Wait, Haven't I Seen This Before?:
  • A girl wanting see a world she longs for. (This was used in The Little Mermaid)
So I give this movie a rightful A+! I believe it is still being shown at theaters, so if you get a chance and you like Disney movies, music, etc., then come see the CGI musical movie Disney's Tangled!

No comments:

A blog (formerly) dedicated to film: reviews, news, and everything in between.